A Fully Accredited Skilled Nursing Facility, 171 Beds
As a distinct part of Methodist Hospital, Bruceville Terrace is a skilled nursing facility providing short- or long-term medical and rehabilitative care, 24 hours a day. Bruceville Terrace is an ideal living place both for residents needing long-term nursing care and those needing just a little more time to recover from a hospital procedure under closer medical supervision before returning home.
Within a comfortable, homelike environment, our residents receive a full range of services from a team of skilled healthcare professionals, all of whom are dedicated to enhancing each person's quality of life.
Serving the southern suburbs of Sacramento since 1989, Bruceville Terrace is located adjacent to the Methodist Hospital campus, developed around a series of beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyards. It is distinguished by a bright and secure environment, with rooms that are cheerful and light. Nursing stations are well equipped and located in close proximity to all residents' rooms.Bruceville Terrace admits approximately 800 patients each year, primarily providing care for the elderly and those requiring extended recoveries, with a specialty in wound care. We are proud of the fact that nearly 60 percent of our residents return home or to a lower level of care. The average length of stay for our short-term patients is 18 days, while our long-term residents stay an average of one year.
Some Of Our Key Services Include:
- Rehabilitation - A team of nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists work with your doctor to provide comprehensive rehabilitation services. Therapy interventions focus on daily living activities such as dressing, eating and personal hygiene skills. Communication and mobility retraining are also priorities.
- Nutrition services - Residents participate in meal selection and menus are developed in consideration of both personal preference and special dietary requirements or restrictions. A spacious dining room is open to all residents and a private dining room is available for special family celebrations.
- Recreation activities - We offer one of the most diverse activities programs for skilled nursing facilities within the Sacramento area. Our full-time activities staff encourages residents to participate in regular events and activities designed to improve their quality of life. Crafts, games, classes and special celebrations are scheduled daily. We also encourage residents to develop and cultivate their own interests and hobbies.
- Family education - Family members are a key part of our residents' care team. We make it a priority to provide families with education about ongoing care, as well as training for when you return home.
Bruceville Terrace staff is committed to meeting the medical needs, as well as the unique social and emotional needs, of our residents and families. Our commitment to teamwork is evident in the good rapport found among staff, patients and residents.
For more information about Bruceville Terrace, including how to become a volunteer and make a difference in the lives of our residents, please call (916) 423-6000.
Medical Services For Residents
Bruceville Terrace residents receive a full range of quality medical services from a team of skilled health care professionals, including:
- Special wound care - Stage III and IV and Wound Vac
- IV therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Blood administration
- Enteral feeding
- Pain management
- Respite care
- Life care planning through case management (social services)
- End-of-life care