Our trauma rehabilitation (rehab) and post-surgery recovery services at Dignity Health focus on restoring a person’s abilities after a major injury or surgery. This includes relearning how to complete daily activities, move, walk, and speak.
A rehabilitation team may include:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Social workers
- Family members
At Dignity Health, we provide expert, personalized services trauma rehabilitation and post-surgery recovery in Sacramento, CA and surrounding areas. Our professional rehabilitation teams will work with you to create a treatment plan for your unique needs. We also have post-surgery classes to assist with your recovery. Before your surgery, Find a Doctor at Dignity Health to discuss your options or call (916) 851-2511 for a doctor referral.
Do I Need Trauma Rehabilitation?
Trauma rehab may be necessary if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bone and joint trauma, including bone fractures and ligament injuries
- Post-surgical recovery, including joint replacement surgery after trauma and joint repair, amputation, and surgery for brain or spinal cord injuries
- High-energy trauma, including work- and sports-related injuries, falls, and motor vehicle accidents
- Penetrating trauma such as gunshot and stab wounds
- Spinal cord and brain injuries, including brain hemorrhage, concussion, spinal cord compression, skull fracture, and back and neck fracture
- Severe burns, including those that cover up to 90 percent of a person’s body
What to Expect from Orthopedic Rehabilitation for Trauma at Dignity Health
Our trauma rehab services offer unique programs based on your needs. The number of services and the length of services will vary, and services may change as your physical and mental abilities improve. Your case coordinator will be your main contact to help you manage your services.
Using the latest methods, trauma rehab and post-surgery recovery commonly offers the following:
- Physical therapy, including exercises to improve strength, movement, and fitness, soft tissue massage, therapeutic ultrasound, and chest physiotherapy
- Occupational therapy, including regaining control of arms and hands, relearning daily activities, wheelchair evaluations, and using equipment to function independently
- Speech-language therapy, including cognitive-communication therapy and swallowing therapy to improve thinking, memory, speaking, communication, reading, and writing
- Adaptive equipment and assistive devices, including wheelchairs, orthotics (shoe inserts), braces, prostheses, and communication devices
- Hand therapy, including strengthening and range-of-motion exercises and splinting
- Social and psychological services, including biofeedback, work or school re-entry, peer counseling, and individual, family, or group therapy
- Vocational rehabilitation, including career counseling, psychological assessments, and securing accommodations and accessibility in the workplace
Dignity Health offers award-winning orthopedic services
, including rehabilitation for trauma and post-surgery recovery, in the Sacramento region.