If you suffer from the chronic pain and heavy bleeding associated with gynecologic conditions such as fibroids or endometriosis, surgery may be your best option for relief.
At Dignity Health, our surgeons are specially trained in minimally invasive robotic surgery, including robotic hysterectomy, to treat complex conditions including:
- Endometriosis/adenomyosis (non-cancerous growths of the uterine lining)
- Excessive menstrual bleeding
- Gynecological cancers
- Uterine fibroids (non-cancerous growths in the uterine wall)
- Vaginal prolapse
How Does Robotic Gynecologic Surgery Differ from Traditional Surgery?
Open surgery to treat gynecological conditions requires the surgeon to make a large incision to access the uterus and other reproductive organs. Women who undergo open surgery can experience significant pain, a long recovery and potential damage to surrounding organs and nerves.
With the da Vinci® Surgical System, Dignity Health surgeons can operate with great precision through tiny incisions only 1-2 centimeters wide.
Why Choose Dignity Health for da Vinci Gynecologic Surgery?
Dignity Health offers the most comprehensive robotic surgery program available in the greater Sacramento area, offering an effective, minimally invasive option for complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures.
Adult and elderly women often choose robotic surgery for the faster and easier recoveries:
- Adult Women: Young and middle-aged women with pressing career and family responsibilities often are drawn to the "high-tech" aspect of robotic surgery because it offers fewer post-op complications and rapid recovery times
- Elderly Women: Patients over 60 demonstrate better post-operative heart and pulmonary function, less pain, fewer complications of surgery and shorter hospital stays
By choosing robot-assisted surgery, you will enjoy a host of potential benefits, including:
For a referral to a Dignity Health specialist, please call (888) 253-1704.
- Opportunity to preserve fertility (dependent upon condition being treated)
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery
- Less pain and need for post-operative narcotic pain medication
- Less blood loss scarring
- Less risk of infection and post-operative complications