At Dignity Health Sacramento-area hospitals, our team of specially trained robotic surgeons leads the way in minimally invasive techniques with the da Vinci® Surgical System.
Our robotic surgery program features specialties in:
Benefits of Robotic Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery using the da Vinci Robotic technology offers eligible patients a variety of advantages over traditional invasive and laparoscopic procedures, including:
- A shorter hospital stay
- Less blood loss
- Reduced nerve damage
- Fewer complications
- Diminished pain
- A faster recovery
- Smaller incisions
- Less scaring
- Reduced risk of the wound becoming infected
How does the da Vinci Surgical System work?
Using the da Vinci Surgical System, surgeons perform delicate and complex operations through a few small incisions. The da Vinci System consists of several key components, including:
- an ergonomically designed console where the surgeon sits while operating
- a patient-side cart with interactive robotic arms
- a highly magnified 3D high definition vision system
- EndoWrist® instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human wrist
da Vinci software can scale down surgeon’s movements and minimize the effects of a surgeon’s hand tremors on instrument movements. As a result, the da Vinci System enables surgeons to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control.
Why Choose Dignity Health for da Vinci Robotic Surgery?
Dignity Health’s team of specialty trained da Vinci robotic surgeons serves patients throughout the greater Sacramento region at Methodist Hospital of Sacramento, Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Mercy Hospital of Folsom, and Mercy General Hospital, which is accredited as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by the Surgical Review Corporation.
- Plus, Dignity Health-affiliated colorectal surgeon James Conner, MD, is the only robotic-trained colorectal surgeon in the greater Sacramento area.
See a Minimally Invasive Surgery Specialist
You may be a candidate for robotic-assisted surgery or other minimally invasive procedures. For a referral to a Dignity Health specialist, please call (888) 253-1704.