We receive many applications during the interview season and our Recruitment Committee looks at the entire application of the individual. Thus, applicants should pay diligent attention to all aspects of their application. This information is intended to provide guidance to our applicants and will hopefully answer all your questions.
All applications must be formally submitted through ERAS, and must include the following:
- The ERAS application should include: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-residency/applying-residencies-eras/
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Reference from physicians who have worked with you clinically, preferably including at least 1 letter of reference from a Family Physician
- Complete Medical School Transcripts
- Complete USMLE and/or COMLEX Transcript History, including all attempts
- Dean's Letter (we acknowledge that these letters often are not released prior to November)
For international graduates we also require:
- Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Status Report
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the US.
California Hospital Medical Center does not support any type of visa for resident physicians.
Interview Dates are conducted every Friday morning throughout the Family Medicine Residency Program Interview cycle from November through January.
For more information about applying to the California Hospital Medical Center Family Residency Program, please email us at [email protected].