How to Apply
When you join a Dignity Health residency program, you become a member of one of the largest hospital systems in the nation and the largest not-for-profit acute care provider in California. Not only will you experience our commitment to delivering the next generation of excellent healthcare, you'll practice in a warm and supportive environment where you can grow professionally and personally.
We receive many applications during the interview season and our Recruitment Committee looks at the entire application of the individual. Thus, applicants should pay diligent attention to all aspects of the application. This information is intended to provide guidance to our applicants and will hopefully answer all your questions.
All applications must be formally submitted through ERAS, and must include the following:
- ERAS application
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Reference from physicians who have worked with you clinically, preferably
- Complete Medical School Transcripts
- Complete USMLE and/or COMLEX Transcript History, including all attempts
- Dean's Letter (we acknowledge that these letters often are not released prior to November)
For international graduates we also require:
- Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Status Report
- Current Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (“PTAL”) from the Medical Board of California at time of interview or documentation that you have applied
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the US.
California Hospital Medical Center does not support any type of visa for resident physicians.