Based on 2014 ratings, Glendale Memorial is a five-star recipient for Colorectal Surgeries. Our surgeons are involved in ongoing clinical research including colorectal cancer and anorectal disorders ensuring that our patients have access to the most advanced procedures and clinical trials available.
Areas of excellence include:
- Accurate preoperative staging of rectal cancer - accomplished with 3D endorectal ultrasound;
- Anorectal diseases including those associated with HIV infection;
- Avoidance of colostomies for colon resections with procedures such as the ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA);
- Colon, rectal and anal cancer/polyp screening and surveillance;
- Colon and rectal cancer diagnosis, staging and surgical treatment;
- Diverticulitis and inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s and Ulcerative colitis;
- Evaluation and treatment of complex intestinal obstructions and fistulas;
- Evaluation and treatment of fecal incontinence (including pelvic floor and postpartum disorders) with advanced surgical or non-surgical procedures including placement of sacral nerve stimulators;
- Genetic testing for high-risk patients;
- Hemorrhoids including non-surgical, surgical and minimally invasive treatments;
- Minimally invasive colon and rectal surgery;
- Management of acute and chronic C.Diff infection, including fecal transfer;
- Treating recurrent cancer.
To learn more about Glendale Memorial's Colorectal Care Center, please call
(818) 409-7648 or use our online feature for a physician referral, Find a Doctor.