If your surgeon schedules inpatient surgery, this means you will be recovering in the hospital overnight or for several nights following your procedure. Prior to your inpatient surgery, our surgery admission nurse will call you to obtain your medical history and provide additional information to help you prepare.
Types of Inpatient Surgeries
The most common procedures at Glendale Memorial include:
- Breast Mastectomy and Reconstruction
- Orthopedics - Arthroscopy and Total Joint (hip, knee, shoulder)
- Tumor removal from pituitary gland
- Vascular procedures (Fem-Pop Bypass Graft)
- Cardiac procedures (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft, Valve Replacement Repairs)
- Endovascular Aneurysm repair
- Thoracic Aneurysm repair
Whether you are having outpatient or inpatient surgery, you will recover for a short period of time in our Post Anesthesia Care Unit. Here, we will monitor your vital signs, check your surgery site and asses and treat any pain you may be experiencing. When your nurse feels you have adequately recovered from anesthesia, we will take you to your room where you will continue to recover until it is time to go home.
Learn More About Inpatient Surgery at Glendale Memorial
For a Physician Referral, call (818) 502-2378 or use our online feature, Find a Doctor.