Search for obgyns near you and schedule your next appointment today
Delivering a baby is an exciting experience. Mothers, fathers, and family members all need support throughout the labor and delivery process. The caring doctors at Dignity Health Southern California hospitals work with a highly trained health care team to provide everything you need — including medical monitoring, emotional support, pain relief, information, and instruction — to help you transition through labor, birth, and parenthood.
At our modern, comfortable birthing centers, our pregnancy specialists are committed to the safety and health of you and your baby. We are proud to offer comprehensive labor and delivery in Southern California. Find a Doctor online to schedule a time to visit one of our hospitals:
Labor & Delivery Services at Dignity Health Southern California Hospitals
Your doctor will consider the needs of you and your family carefully and make recommendations based on your health and safety. Our labor and delivery services include:
Please note: not all of the services listed below are available at every Southern California Dignity Health hospital. Please refer to each hospital’s individual website for more information on their particular Labor & Delivery services.
- Vaginal birth. Most women give birth vaginally.
- Natural birth. If you want to give birth without pain medication, your birthing team will provide pain relief strategies and coping techniques.
- Water birth. Delivering a baby in a tub of water can be used to ease pain during labor.
- C-section. A C-section, or Cesarean section, is a surgical birth that can be planned in advance or performed in case of emergency.
- Fetal monitoring. Doctors and nurses monitor the baby’s heart rate and well-being during labor.
- Anesthesia and pain relief. Common pain relief options include epidurals, injectable medication, regional anesthesia, massage, and water therapy.
- Episiotomy. Episiotomies are incisions in the perineum, the tissue between the vagina and anus. They’re no longer used routinely, but a doctor may perform an episiotomy if forceps or another instrument are needed to aid delivery.
- NICU care. If your baby needs extra support or monitoring after birth, they can receive care at our neonatal intensive care units (NICUs). These are special environments, staffed by neonatologists and other experts.
Every labor and childbirth experience is different. Your doctor at a Dignity Health Southern California hospital will provide individualized labor, delivery, and birth care to meet the unique needs of your family and deliver a healthy baby.
Dedicated Dignity Health doctors offer personalized labor and delivery services in Southern California.