Orthopedic conditions affect the musculoskeletal system, which includes your joints, bones, nerves, tendons, and ligaments.
An orthopedic problem can have a big impact on your comfort and quality of life. At Dignity Health Southern California, we offer personalized treatment for a wide range of common orthopedic conditions, including:
- Back pain from back injuries, such as ligament and muscle strains, and herniated intervertebral disc
- Hip pain from hip conditions and injuries, including fractures
- Joint pain from joint conditions and injuries, including arthritis
- Knee pain from knee injuries, such as injured or torn ligaments, tendons, and menisci
- Neck pain from neck conditions and injuries, such as whiplash
- Elbow pain from elbow conditions and injuries, such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendinitis
- Arm conditions and injuries, including dislocation, tendinitis, and fracture
- Foot and ankle conditions and injuries, such as bunions and sprains
- Hand pain from hand conditions and injuries, including broken fingers
- Wrist pain from wrist conditions and injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shoulder pain from shoulder conditions and injuries, including rotator cuff tears and dislocations
- Spine conditions and injuries, including spinal fractures
Find a Doctor online to learn more about the orthopedic conditions in Southern California we treat, as well as how you can schedule a consultation with one of our highly trained orthopedic doctors.
Symptoms of Orthopedic Conditions
Common signs and symptoms of orthopedic conditions include:
- Joint pain
- Limited range of motion
- Muscle pain
- Bone pain
- Deformity of the affected area
What Causes Orthopedic Conditions?
The cause of your orthopedic condition will also depend on the specific problem. Some conditions involving the joints and spine come from wear and tear — normal with aging. Other common causes are repetitive motions or overuse, often from sports, and trauma.
Our orthopedic specialists at Dignity Health Southeastern California can use your symptoms, health history and more to determine the specific cause of your orthopedic issues. Then, we will be able to create an effective and personalized treatment plan.
Reliable Treatment for Orthopedic Conditions in Southern California
The best treatment for your orthopedic condition will depend on your specific problem, medical history, and risk factors. Many conditions respond to rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medicines. Our orthopedic doctors may also use prescription medications, corticosteroid shots, physical therapy, and surgery for orthopedic conditions.
Put an end to pain or other symptoms of your orthopedic problem — take control of your health and reach out to a specialist at Dignity Health Southern California.
Dignity Health offers effective treatment options for patients with orthopedic conditions in Southern California.