Orthopedic surgery is used to treat musculoskeletal problems involving bones, nerves, tendons, ligaments, joints, and muscles. Minimally invasive procedures are available for many orthopedic surgeries. These options involve smaller incisions compared to the single, large incision required for traditional open surgeries.
Find a Doctor you can trust who performs orthopedic surgery in Southern California using our online tool. Dignity Health Southern California offers these orthopedic procedures at:
Conditions Treated with Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopedic surgeons use surgery to treat:
- Joint conditions, including bursitis, torn cartilage, arthritis, tendonitis, and ligament sprains
- Back and neck conditions, including sciatica, scoliosis, fractured vertebrae, herniated discs, and spinal stenosis
- Muscle problems, including muscle tears and strains
- Spinal deformities, including birth defects
- Tumors, including cancerous and benign tumors of the joints, bones, and muscles
- Injuries including joint dislocations, broken bones, and damage to ligaments, muscles, tendons, nerves, and blood vessels in the neck, back, legs, and arms
Orthopedic Procedures at Dignity Health Southern California
Our common orthopedic surgeries include:
Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery
At Dignity Health Southern California, we offer a range of minimally invasive orthopedic procedures as well. During these procedures, a surgeon inserts surgical instruments and a scope (specialized camera) through small incisions. Some highly technical surgeries, such as joint replacement, use robotics to help your surgeon make more precise adjustments.
Recovery After Orthopedic Surgery
The time it takes to recover will depend on the type of your surgery. Joint replacement and spinal surgery may require several months for recovery. However, minor surgeries may only require a few weeks. Your doctor will tell you about:
- The expected length of your recovery
- Follow up treatments, such as physical therapy and medication
- Any activity restrictions that may be involved before or after surgery
Before your procedure, your care team will walk you through the process, so you will know how to prepare. Let us know how we can make you as comfortable as possible and provide personal care.
Dignity Health surgeons treat orthopedic conditions with orthopedic surgery in Southern California.