Fully Coordinated Rehab Care Focused On You
Recovering from a serious illness or injury can be long and hard. Our focus is to help keep you and your family on the right path. Dominican's Rehabilitation and Therapy Services has a wide range of specialized rehab services and therapies to meet your needs. Our goal is to offer fully coordinated care, with you as the primary focus.
Our care team is made up of different specialists including:
- Case managers
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Speech therapists
After you leave the hospital, we will transition you to - Home Health and/or Outpatient Rehabilitation services. We also offer community-based classes to help you stay strong and healthy and prevent future problems.
Speech therapists specialize in treating people with a variety of disorders.
Our speech therapy services include:
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) training
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Treatment for voice dysfunction or disorders
- Tracheostomy management
- Cognitive-linguistic therapy (attention, processing, memory)
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy Program focused on vocal loudness
- Voice training in English and Spanish
If you have a physical impairment, our physical therapy team provides treatment that promotes mobility, function, and quality of life.
Our services include:
- Bed mobility training
- Transfer training
- Gait training
- Balance re-education
- Strength, flexibility and coordination exercises
- Functional training
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Amputee rehabilitation
Our occupational therapists use their skills to help you develop, recover, or maintain activities of daily living and work skills when you have a physical or cognitive disorder.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve your ability to perform daily activities
- Identifying and eliminating environmental barriers to your independence and participation in daily activities
- Comprehensive evaluations of your home with adaptation recommendations
- Assessment and treatment of your performance skills
- Recommendations on adaptive equipment and usage training
- Guiding your family members and caregivers
Besides physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy for adults and children, our outpatient services include:
- Hand Rehabilitation Center
- Lymphedema Program
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Mobility Clinic
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
Learn More About Our Rehabilitation And Therapy Services
For more information about Rehabilitation and Therapy Services at Dominican Hospital or to refer a patient, please call us at 831.457.7057.
We are located at 610 Frederick Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95062