Keeping You On The Right Path – Forward.
Dominican's Rehabilitation and Therapy Services has a wide range of specialized rehab services and therapies to meet your needs.
Recovering from a serious illness or injury can be long and hard. Our focus is to keep you and your family on the right path. Our goal is to offer fully coordinated care, with you as our primary focus.
Fully Coordinated Rehab Care
Our care team is made up of different specialists including:
- Case managers
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Speech therapists
Speech therapists specialize in treating people with a variety of disorders.
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) training
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Treatment for voice dysfunction or disorders
- Tracheostomy management
- Cognitive-linguistic therapy (attention, processing, memory)
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy Program focused on vocal loudness
- Voice training in English and Spanish
If you have a physical impairment, our physical therapy team provides treatment that promotes mobility, function, and quality of life.
- Bed mobility training
- Transfer training
- Gait training
- Balance re-education
- Strength, flexibility and coordination exercises
- Functional training
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Amputee rehabilitation
Our occupational therapists use their skills to help you develop, recover, or maintain activities of daily living and work skills when you have a physical or cognitive disorder.
- Customized treatment programs to improve your ability to perform daily activities
- Identifying and eliminating environmental barriers to your independence and participation in daily activities
- Comprehensive evaluations of your home with adaptation recommendations
- Assessment and treatment of your performance skills
- Recommendations on adaptive equipment and usage training
- Guiding your family members and caregivers
Providing Care for Adults and Children
- Hand Rehabilitation Center
- Lymphedema Program
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Mobility Clinic
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
Hand Rehabilitation Center
We help you regain maximum hand and arm function as quickly as possible. Learn More
If you are a struggling with lymphedema, our program offers convenient access to specialized lymphedema therapy, education and support. Lymphedema happens most often after you’ve had surgery and/or radiation therapy for breast cancer or other types of cancer. Learn More
If you have impaired mobility due to a disability, the Mobility Program at Dominican Hospital has expert services that can help. Our specially trained physical and occupational therapists work together with qualified vendors to identify the most effective mobility aid and/or wheelchair equipment for you. Services include a functional mobility evaluation process and a wheelchair seating and positioning program. Learn More
Dominican Neurological Rehabilitation Services has a full spectrum of outpatient rehabilitation services for adults and children with many types of neurological conditions. Learn More
Our therapists treat a variety of orthopedic conditions and provide specialized rehabilitation for all types of conditions. Our highly trained and experienced therapists evaluate and treat each patient on an individual basis, and they are committed to helping each patient reach their optimal level of function. Learn More
Helping Children and Their Families
If your child needs developmental or other rehabilitation, our skilled rehabilitation therapists can help.
At Dominican Hospital’s outpatient pediatric rehabilitation program, we offer occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy designed to meet the unique needs of infants and young children, birth to age 6.
Resources & Links
Enhance your knowledge on how our rehabilitation services can help you with our suggested resources and links. Learn More
Learn More About Our Rehabilitation Services
For more information about Rehabilitation and Therapy Services at Dominican Hospital or to refer a patient, please call us at 831.457.7057
We are located at 610 Frederick Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95062