You may visit the hospital 24 hours a day, with the following possible restrictions.
- Visitors are requested to wait until late morning if possible to allow for personal care.
- Visitors may be asked to leave at 8:00pm to allow patients to sleep uninterrupted during the evening hours.
- Visitors are encouraged to observe French Hospital Medical Center's Quiet Time from 2 - 4 p.m.
- Children under the age of 12 are permitted to visit and must be surpervised at all times. Visits should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient's room/area during special medical procedures or examinations, or if his/her presence impacts patient confidentiality.
- We ask visitors who have a cold, or any other infectious disease not to visit patients until the signs of contagion are gone.
- It is preferred that all patients have only 2 visitors in their room at one time. If a patient wishes for a friend or relative to spend the night, this must be approved by the Nursing Staff and the Administrative Supervisor.
- Visitations to patients in custody shall be authorized by the law enforcement officer on duty.
- Visitors who are disruptive and do not comply with staff interventions will be asked to leave. If necessary, security staff will be notified in accordance with security policy.
- Visitors are expected to adhere to the "No Smoking" policy at French Hospital (not within 50 feet of our building.)
- Entry into French Hospital from 8 p.m. - 5 a.m. is limited to the Emergency Department.
Any variations from the above guidelines are to be arranged through a physician and/or the Administrative Supervisor.