Brain Injury Rehabilitation
St. Joseph's is one of the leading centers for brain injury rehabilitation in the Southwest.
From injury prevention to maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle following rehabilitation, we are committed to helping patients with brain injuries through every step of their experience.
Brain Injury Prevention
Our skilled staff members provide education about brain injury prevention to community members of all ages. Our programs include fall prevention, helmet use, concussion education and more.
Patients may receive inpatient therapy in an acute setting while hospitalized, and patients with more extensive brain injuries may be treated in the Bruce and Deborah Downey Neurorehabilitation Center. This unit includes a secure section for brain injury patients who may require careful observation.
Outpatient Brain Injury Rehab Progams
Once patients have been discharged from the hospital, they may be referred to one of our outpatient brain injury rehab programs to continue their treatment. These include:
- Outpatient Rehab Neurological Program - This program offers a specialized team approach to helping patients and families return to everyday activities.
- Center for Transitional NeuroRehabilitation (CT)N - CTN is an intensive day program that helps older adolescents and adults gain the skills they need to transition into work, school or the community.
- B.R.A.I.N.S. - B.R.A.I.N.S. Rehab is provided in Outpatient Rehab, providing specialized evaluation and treatment for patients who have been diagnosed with mild TBI or post-concussion impairments.
Barrow Connection is a unique program that helps patients with brain injuries and other neurological disabilities connect with local resources, such as support groups and sports and recreation opportunities.
Learn More About Rehab For Brain Injuries
For more information about brain injury rehab at St. Joseph's, call:
- Inpatient Neurorehabilitation Center: 602.406.REHAB (7)342
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services: (602) 406-3230.