Find Relief for Elbow, Wrist, & Hand Injuries in Arizona
Hand, wrist, and elbow injuries are common conditions. They can happen to anyone at any age. Common injuries include sprains, fractures, and repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow.
To relieve your pain and prevent disability, have a Dignity Health orthopedic expert evaluate any elbow, wrist, or hand injuries in Arizona to make sure they heal properly. You can Find a Doctor online or by calling (800) 792-1602. Our doctors use the latest innovative and technologically advanced treatments and injury care to help you get back to doing what you love as soon as possible.
Hand Injuries & Hand Pain
Symptoms of hand injuries include weakness, tingling, numbness, swelling, and pain. You may also have difficulty using or moving your thumb, fingers, or entire hand. Common hand conditions and injuries include:
- Ganglion cyst, a fluid-filled mass along a joint or tendon
- Arthritis of the thumb or hand due to age-related wear and tear
- Fractures, such as broken fingers
- Dislocation of the finger or hand bones
- Trigger thumb or finger, an inflamed and irritated tendon
- Nerve injuries, leading to loss of mobility or numbness
- Tendon injuries, including detached, torn, or cut tendons
Wrist Injuries & Wrist Pain
Acute injury and damage to the many tendons, ligaments, and bones in the wrist can result in stiffness, pain, finger numbness, and an inability to move your wrist through its full range of motion. Warmth and swelling of the wrist can also occur. Common wrist conditions and injuries include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Dislocations and wrist fractures
- Pseudogout, painful crystals that irritate hand and wrist joints
- Tendonitis from overuse and repetitive motions
- Broken, sprained, and strained wrists, often the result of falling on an outstretched hand
Elbow Injuries & Elbow Pain
Stiffness, tenderness, pain, warmth, swelling, and limited range of motion are the most common symptoms of an elbow injury. Your elbow may also look deformed. Common elbow conditions and injuries include:
- Sprains and strains
- Bursitis and arthritis
- Fractures and dislocations, usually from falling on an outstretched hand
- Tendonitis, including tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
Treatment of Hand, Wrist, & Elbow Injuries at Dignity Health
Many wrist, hand, and elbow injuries heal with ice and anti-inflammatory medicines. It may help to simply rest the injury. Corticosteroid shots are sometimes necessary. Your doctor may recommend hand, wrist, or elbow surgery to repair damage from severe injuries or those that do not respond to more conservative treatments. Dignity Health offers both orthopedic physical therapy and occupational therapy to help speed recovery and prevent future problems, including developing arthritis.
Dignity Health provides complete care for elbow, wrist, and hand injuries in Arizona.