Orthopedic conditions are those that affect the musculoskeletal system, which includes your muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and bones. At Dignity Health, we provide reliable care for a wide range of orthopedic issues and conditions, walking with you every step of the way through diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation.
Common orthopedic conditions that we treat include:
- Arm conditions and injuries, including fracture, dislocation, and tendinitis
- Back pain from back injuries such as muscle and ligament strains and herniated disc
- Elbow pain from elbow conditions and injuries, including bursitis, tendinitis, and arthritis
- Foot and ankle conditions and injuries such as sprains and bunions
- Hand pain from hand conditions and injuries, including broken fingers
- Hip pain due to hip conditions and injuries such as fractures
- Joint pain from joint conditions and injuries such as arthritis
- Knee pain due to knee injuries such as an injured or torn meniscus, tendon, or ligament
- Neck pain from neck conditions and injuries such as whiplash
- Shoulder pain from shoulder conditions and injuries, including dislocations, rotator cuff tear, impingement syndrome, and labral tears
- Spine conditions and injuries, including spinal fractures
- Wrist pain from wrist conditions and injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome
To learn more about treating your orthopedic conditions in Arizona, Find a Doctor or call (800) 792-1602 to schedule a consultation with one of our specialists.
Symptoms of an Orthopedic Problem
Signs and symptoms of orthopedic conditions can include joint pain, muscle pain, or bone pain. Other symptoms can include swelling, warmth, stiffness, numbness, weakness, limited range of motion, or deformity of the affected area.
What Causes an Orthopedic Condition?
The cause of your orthopedic condition will depend on the specific problem, including the body part affected and your symptoms. Some conditions involving the joints and spine are related to wear and tear due to aging. Other common causes include repetitive motions overuse and trauma.
Expert Treatment of Orthopedic Conditions at Dignity Health
When you come to Dignity Health with an orthopedic condition, our experts will consider your specific symptoms, medical history, and risk factors before determining or recommending treatment. Many orthopedic problems get better with rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medicines. If you’re still experiencing pain, your doctor may order prescription medications, corticosteroid shots, physical therapy, and surgery to help you get back to normal activity levels.
Our orthopedic and joint surgery program is renowned in our area, so you can trust the quality of our care.
Dignity Health provides comprehensive care for orthopedic problems in Arizona to treat joint pain and more.