Orthopedic surgery and procedures manage conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system, which includes the muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, nerves, and bones.
In the Arizona area, Dignity Health offers orthopedic services based on leading-edge standards at:
In fact, Chandler Regional and Mercy Gilbert have earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for hip and knee joint replacement.
Use our online Find a Doctor tool to schedule an appointment today with a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in Arizona.
Common orthopedic surgeries and procedures we perform include:
Why We Perform Orthopedic Surgery & Procedures
Our experts use orthopedic surgery and procedures to treat problems with the musculoskeletal system. These problems may include:
- Arthritis: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and gout
- Back and neck problems: ruptured or slipped spinal discs, sciatica, scoliosis, osteoporosis, spinal stenosis, and fractured vertebrae
- Deformities: clubfoot, bunions, uneven bone length, and birth defects
- Joint conditions: bursitis, tendonitis, torn cartilage, torn ligaments, sprains, and strains
- Muscle problems: pulled muscles, muscle tears, muscular dystrophy, and cerebral palsy
- Trauma: bone fractures, dislocations, and other injuries to bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles, nerves, and blood vessels in the arms, legs, back, and neck
- Tumors: cancerous and noncancerous tumors of the bones, muscles, and joints
What to Expect From Orthopedic Surgery & Procedures
Before you have an orthopedic surgery or procedure at Dignity Health, it’s important to know what to expect. The details will depend upon the specific surgery or procedure. Ask your orthopedic surgeon to review these details with you. Your discussion should cover:
- Where the surgery or procedure will take place — a hospital, surgery center, or doctor’s office
- How it will be performed — open or minimally invasive, with or without anesthesia
- How much time it will take and whether you will spend time in the hospital
- How you will feel during and after
- Potential risks and complications of the surgery or procedure
- Plans to minimize your risks for complications.
Recovery After Orthopedic Surgery & Orthopedic Procedures
Recovery also depends upon the specific surgery or procedure your doctor performs. Make sure you understand the following aspects of your recovery:
- Length of your recovery
- Activity restrictions
- Follow-up treatments such as physical therapy and other rehabilitations
- Lifestyle changes
It’s also important to understand how the surgery or procedure may improve your quality of life. Your Dignity Health care team wants to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible when going to surgery. Don’t hesitate to ask us your questions.
The orthopedic surgeons at Dignity Health offer comprehensive orthopedic surgery and orthopedic procedures in Arizona.