Gynecologists treat problems of the female reproductive tract. Gynecology procedures and treatments are used to decrease pain, improve function, and detect or treat disease.
Dignity Health has three leading-edge facilities in the Arizona area that provide women’s health services:
Use our online Find a Doctor tool to schedule an appointment today.
Conditions Gynecologists Treat
Our gynecologists at Dignity Health treat a full range of women’s health conditions, including:
Addressing a woman's unique health care needs is a commitment we make at Dignity Health by providing comprehensive care and support at all stages of a woman’s life.
Procedures & Treatments Gynecologists Perform
Procedures and treatments commonly performed by gynecologists include:
- Bladder training, a treatment for urinary incontinence
- Cryotherapy, often used to treat cervical dysplasia
- Endometrial ablation, a procedure used to treat abnormally heavy menstrual periods
- Endometrial biopsy, a procedure used to diagnose endometriosis, uterine fibroids, uterine polyps, infections, abnormal bleeding, and endometrial cancer
- Fibroid removal, surgical removal of uterine fibroids
- Hysterectomy, surgical removal of the uterus
- Hysteroscopy, a procedure used to diagnose and treat problems of the uterus
- Intraoperative breast radiotherapy, the application of radiation directly to the site of cancer within the breast during surgery
- LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure), used to treat cervical dysplasia
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, performed on the female reproductive tract through a few small incisions in the abdomen or through the vagina and cervix
- Pelvic pain surgery
- Pudendal nerve decompression to treat severe pelvic pain that has not responded to other treatments
- Removal of adhesions (s)car tissue, a surgical procedure used to relieve pain and improve fertility
- Removal of ovaries (o)ophorectomy, to treat ovarian cancer or other problems with the ovaries or to decrease the risk of breast and ovarian cancer in women who are at high risk due to inherited genetic mutations
- Resection of extensive endometriosis, a surgery to remove patches on endometrial tissue from inside the pelvis and abdomen
- Tubal ligation, permanent female sterilization
- Sexual reassignment
What to Expect From Gynecology Services
Careful diagnosis and planning are essential to the success of gynecology procedures and treatments. At Dignity Health, your gynecologist will assess your symptoms and overall health and discuss your diagnosis and treatment options with you. Our care team will provide you guidance before, during, and after treatment.
Dignity Health provides comprehensive gynecology treatment and services in Arizona.