You don’t have to live with joint pain. The orthopedic specialists at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz understand how joint pain can affect your overall quality of life. It can limit how well you function at work, at home and during your everyday activities. Our comprehensive joint replacement program – replacing ankle, hip, knee or shoulder – will help you return to a pain-free life. Each year, more than one million Americans make the decision to end their chronic joint pain by undergoing a joint replacement procedure.
Ankle, Hip, Shoulder & Knee Replacement
If you are planning for hip or knee replacement surgery, you probably have many questions.
Our program includes:
- Orthopedic Patient Navigator. Your personal guide through the surgical experience – before, during, and after your hospital stay.
- Preparation. We provide preoperative education, so you know exactly what to expect before, during and after your surgery.
- Early mobilization. Moving around is the best way to promote healing and recovery. It also minimizes your chances of infection and swelling, and helps with pain management.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation. This starts in the hospital and continues and home. After outpatient rehabilitation we offer many classes through our PEP Program to keep you getting stronger throughout the year.
Joint Replacement Services
At Dominican Hospital, we use the most advanced techniques to provide excellent orthopedic care. Procedures we perform include:
- Ankle replacement
- Arthritis management
- Hip replacement surgery
- Anterior hip replacement - This less invasive approach to total hip replacement allows orthopedic surgeons to access the hip joint from the front of the body as opposed to the side or back. No tendon is cut or detached during the procedure, so there is less pain and weakness. The majority of patients can walk without a cane or walker within two weeks.
- Partial knee replacement
- Several weeks before surgery, a series of CT images are taken of the knee, hip, and ankle and uploaded to a software program that creates a 3-D virtual model of the knee. That model is then used to make a custom implant. CT scans also help accurately position the new knee for optimal alignment, stability, and load-bearing capabilities.
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
Find a Doctor
Find an Orthopedic Surgeon in Santa Cruz.
Learn More About Joint Replacement At Dominican Hospital
For more information about joint replacement, please call (831) 462-7597. To find a doctor, visit our online Find a Doctor tool.
1555 Soquel Drive
Santa Cruz, CA 95065