Dominican Hospital Neurological Rehabilitation Services has a full spectrum of outpatient rehabilitation services for adults and children with many types of neurological conditions.
From stroke and cancer care, to treatment for voice and swallowing problems, to equipment, mobility needs and more, our team of trained experts can help if you have problems related to your neurologic system.
You are a key member of your own care team that includes people with expertise in a range of disciplines:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Speech therapists
After you leave our program, we offer community-based classes to help you stay strong and healthy and prevent future problems.
Therapy Programs That Meet Your Needs
Our therapists treat many different neurological problems and chronic disabilities, including:
- Balance impairments
- Lower extremity amputation
- Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Stroke (CVA)
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Vestibular dysfunction
Our services include:
- Aquatic therapy—We provide skilled physical therapy and classes through Dominican Hospital’s PEP community program at the Simpkins Pool Center.
- Modified Barium swallow studies—We assess the swallow mechanism for people who are having difficulty swallowing safely.
- Neurological physical and occupational therapy—Our licensed staff provides therapy based on an evaluation of your condition. If needed, therapists from different disciplines will work as a treatment team to help achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Neurological speech therapy—We treat speech, cognitive, linguistic or swallowing disorders.
- Vestibular rehabilitation—We offer treatment to help resolve vertigo symptoms.
Learn More About Dominican Hospital Neurological Rehabilitation
For more information about Dominican Neurological Rehabilitation Services, please call us at (831) 457-7057.