Early Detection Saves Lives
Early detection is the best defense against breast cancer and an annual mammogram is the most effective breast cancer screening method available.
Saint Francis Memorial Hospital is dedicated to delivering top quality care to every patient.
Mammography guidelines have changed over the years. Speak with your health care provider about your mammography needs. Our digital mammography allows physicians to view breast images on a computer, so suspect areas can be enlarged for closer investigation and more accurate diagnostic readings.
Recommended by the American Cancer Society
- Women ages 40 to 44 should have the choice to begin annual mammography screening.
- Women age 45 to 54 should receive a yearly mammogram.
- Women 55 and older should receive a mammogram every two years, unless an annual mammogram is recommended by their health care provider.
- Screening mammograms should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live 10 more years or longer.
- All women should know how their breasts normally look and feel and report any breast changes to their health care provider right away.
- Some women, because of their family history, a genetic tendency, or certain other factors, should be screened with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) along with mammography.
- All women should speak with a health care provider about their risk for breast cancer and the best screening plan for them.
Commonly Asked Questions
What are the five questions women ask most often? And what are the answers? Dr. Avani Gupta provides the answers.
Schedule An Appointment
Scheduling your mammogram is more convenient than ever. When you schedule an appointment online, you can select a date and time, then follow the prompts, and answer a few questions. You will receive an email confirmation with your appointment details. Schedule an appointment online or call us at 866.637.6205.