The Outpatient Neurological Therapy Program is committed to serving Bay Area physicians and the patients they care for by providing excellent, comprehensive rehabilitation care for individuals with neurological injuries or illness.
Our staff of experienced physical, occupational, and speech therapists provides quality, individualized care for persons who have experienced a neurological accident such as stroke, head trauma or brain injury, or persons who have been diagnosed with a neurological disease such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or vestibular disorders.
We emphasize physiological healing and symptom management through a variety of methods, including therapeutic exercise, neuromuscular reeducation, balance and gait training, activities of daily living (ADL) training, and communication, swallowing, and cognitive retraining.
Our goal is to return individuals to their maximum functional capacity through an integrated approach to wellness. We place great importance on developing a care plan based on patient-centered goals and patient education.
Specialized Neurological Therapy Services
- Activities of daily living (ADL) training
- Assessment and treatment of swallowing disorders, including modified barium swallow studies
- Balance and gait training
- Lee Silverman BIG Treatment (LSVT)-BIG for Parkinson’s disease to improve mobility
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)-LOUD for Parkinson’s disease to improve vocal volume and quality
- Neurodevelopmental treatment
- Neuro-integrative functional rehabilitation and habilitation (NEURO-IFRAH®) treatment
- Optimizing functional use of affected extremities
- SAEBO® dynamic wrist and hand orthotic
- Speech therapy for communication impairments, including aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria, and cognitive deficits
- Vestibular assessment and treatment
- Walk-aide stimulator
Obtaining Neurological Therapy Services
All patients need a referring physician and a current prescription for therapy. Physicians are regularly updated on patient progress through phone calls and written reports from the Outpatient Neurological Therapy Program team.
Learn More About Our Neurological Therapy Program
For more information or to schedule an appointment with the Neurological Therapy Program, please call (415) 353-6275