Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a preventative health program designed for individuals
who live with persistent breathing problems. Call us at (415) 353-6960.
Pulmonary Function & Rehabilitation
With Saint Francis Pulmonary Function & Rehabilitation, our goal is to provide information and skills training to help you breathe easier every day.
Take Control of Your Breathing
If you’re looking to take control of your breathing and conserve and best use your energy, our pulmonary services may help. Relax and reduce stress? Use your medications properly? Prevent and treat respiratory infections? Use nutrition and exercise to improve your health and decrease your symptoms? We’re here to help you breathe easier.
The Saint Francis team includes a pulmonologist, nutritionist, and respiratory therapists. We also have physical therapists and occupational therapists available as needed. Together they develop a plan that addresses your needs.
- Patient evaluation and individualized care plan
- Education and skills training
- Supervised exercise
- Breathing training
- Home exercise program development
- Emotional and social support
- Improved symptom control, including a reduction in shortness of breath, fatigue and anxiety
- Improved exercise tolerance and ability to perform activities of daily living
- Improved understanding of pulmonary disease and treatment options
- Improved quality of life
Enrollment in the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program requires a physician referral. If you do not have a physician referral, please let us help you. Medicare and many insurance providers reimburse for these services. We provide interpreters for Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Russian, Tagalog, French, and sign language. View our Chinese brochure