Webinar Link: https://commonspirit.zoom.us/j/94078967856?pwd=NS9ObmlEdkVhVERObHpzWGRLa21pZz09
Morbidity and Mortality Case Review
Date: Tuesday, April 4
Time: 12:15 pm
Speaker(s): Michael A. Herrera, DO, Quality Medical Director of St. Joseph's Medical Center, Mariam Lotia, MD, Hospitalist at St. Joseph's Medical Center
- Analyze the case characteristics, pathophysiology and disease state.
- Examine the clinician choice on the appropriate evidence based order of care.
- Apply the best multidisciplinary patient care plan using current tools and modalities.
- Identify applicable cultural and linguistic barriers and apply appropriate resources.
Updates in Atrial Fibrillation Treatment Strategies
Date: Tuesday, April 18
Time: 12:15 pm
Speaker(s): Uday Sandhu, MD
Recent CME Recordings
A FOCUS on Proactive Care: A presentation for medical providers offering an overview of organizational and population health impact through the implementation of routine HIV, Hepatitis C, and syphilis opt-out testing protocols in the emergency room.
Presented by: Benjamin Wiederhold, MD - St. Joseph's Medical Center, Emergency Services, Kathleen Jacobson, MD - California Department Public Health, Maggie Park, MD - San Joaquin County Public Health
Physician Enterprise Grand Rounds
Current and New Developments in RSV Affecting Children
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
On December 16, Physician Enterprise will host our next Grand Rounds Clinical Update, Current and New Developments in RSV Affecting Children.
Our guest speaker will be Flor Muñoz, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Infectious Diseases at Baylor College of Medicine, and Director of Transplant Infectious Diseases at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, TX. She is a clinician-investigator focusing on vaccines, the epidemiology of respiratory infections in healthy and immunocompromised hosts, and the evaluation of safety and immunogenicity of vaccines in pregnant women, children, and transplant recipients. She has published extensively on topics related to influenza, RSV, vaccines, and maternal immunization.
You can always find archived recordings of Grand Round Clinical Updates in the CommonSpirit Health Physician Enterprise Youtube library.
Sepsis Update (Hospital Medicine Updates)
On Oct. 28, Physician Enterprise hosted a Grand Rounds virtual breakout session discussing hospital medicine updates related to sepsis, featuring Dr. Mojdeh Talebian, Dignity Health, System Medical Director Critical Care, Director ICU and Pulmonary Services, Sequoia Hospital, and Dr. James Herlihy, Professor, Baylor College of Medicine, Critical Care Medicine Specialist and Pulmonologist.
- Clinical Infectious Diseases: Administration of a β-Lactam Prior to Vancomycin as the First Dose of Antibiotic Therapy Improves Survival in Patients With Bloodstream Infections
- Balanced Crystalloids Versus Saline in Sepsis: A Secondary Analysis of the SMART Clinical Trial
- Emergency Medicine Australasia: Safety of Peripheral Administration of Vasopressor Medications
- Critical Care: Time-to-Antibiotics and Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Sepsis and Septic Shock
Other Educational Events
Topic: Evolution of Y-90
Pavan Khanna, MD, Chair and Medical Director of the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Stockton, California, discusses the evolution of Y-90 for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).Click the button below to view the video.
Director of Business & Physician Development