Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Application Process
The Orthopaedic Surgery Residency program at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Medical Center is a five-year program. We offer 3 categorical positions each year.
The program director reviews credentials and selects applicants to visit the department for an interview. Interviews are conducted from November to February. Final selection of residents is by committee, based upon the application and the interview. The program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and applications to the program are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
The requirements for application are:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- USMLE scores for step I, II (CA-1 applicants are expected to have passed Step III before starting the CA-1 year)
- COMLEX score for step I, II
Please contact Jonathan Farley if you have further questions about our program.
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program Coordinator
Academic Affairs & Graduate Medical Education
St. Joseph’s Medical Center
2102 N. California Street
Stockton, CA 95204
209.547.7184 (O) | 209.547.7197 (F)