Annual Salary: Annual salary is competitive within our region and is approved annually by human resources and the graduate medical education committee.
Health Insurance: Dignity Health offers medical plans, premiums paid in full for residents and low cost.
Dental Insurance: Dignity Health offers dental plans, paying the premium for residents.
Vision Insurance: Dignity Health offers vision plans, paying the premium for residents.
Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Dignity Health provides life/accidental death and dismemberment insurance for residents and pays the premium for 1x annual salary for life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for residents. Additional coverage levels are available with some cost to the resident.
Disability Insurance: Dignity Health provides long-term disability insurance and will pay for the 60% of Base Pay option.
403b Plan (optional): The 403b Plan enables you to set aside income before it's taxed and to defer taxes on the investment earnings. 403b contributions can be invested in Fidelity. After one year of service in which you have worked 1,000 hours, you are eligible for matching funds of $.5 for each $1 you contribute. You are 100% vested in matching contributions after 5 years of service during which you have worked 1,000 hours each year.
Spousal & Dependent Life Insurance: Residents have the option to enroll at their own expense.
Liability Insurance: Professional liability insurance is provided by Dignity Health to cover residents performing duties within the course and scope of their appointments.
Vacation & Holiday Leave: Vacation leave is provided. Full-time residents receive 21 days of vacation per calendar year.
Sick Leave: Sick leave is included in the hours of PTO at three short-term sick days (24-hours) yearly. The sick leave bank will be accessible according to policy parameters. Long-term (illnesses beyond 3 days) sick leave is accrued and is not paid off at termination.
Education Leave: Forty hours of vacation/holiday time could be used each year for continuing medical education.
- Resident Educational Retreats
- Up-to-Date provided in hospital and from remote access
- Access to Dignity Health online medical resources, including MD Consult, New England Journal of Medicine, etc.
- Free parking
- Monthly meal stipend
- White coats (2)
- Three sets of scrubs, annually
- Annual Medical Education Expense Reimbursement ($1,000)
- Paid Specialty society annual fees
- Internet access on campus
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)-five visits per year for employee and/or spouse and dependents
- Professional Society Membership Reimbursement ($500)
- InShape Health Club discount
- Call rooms
- R3's - $500 Allowance toward Board application fee