Consultations – Pathology
(209) 943-2000 or (209) 467-6430
Our medical directors and the senior members of our technical staff are always available for telephone consultation to answer any questions you may have pertaining to interpretations and methodologies of laboratory tests and results.
Billing and Services
Our customer service staff can answer your questions regarding specimen requirements, reports, and billing services. We call all panic or critical values to the ordering physician and to the facility as well as any telephone reports requested.
Those procedures not performed by our laboratory, are forwarded to a selected reference laboratory. Reference laboratories are chosen for quality, reliability, and service and must be certified by the same agencies which certify our own laboratory or by the CDC at the national level. New procedures are regularly developed and should you find a procedure not listed, please call our customer service department for information concerning availability.
(209) 467-6330 or use our Test Menu
Testing accuracy is dependent upon careful attention to collection technique and specimen preparation. A quality laboratory result starts with the collection and handling of the specimen. If there are any questions regarding the specimen, the laboratory will call to clarify these matters. If you wish to collect specimens in your facility, the laboratory will provide all necessary tubes and containers at no cost.
(209) 461-5394 or 888.LAB-HCCL ((888) 522-4225)
We offer a limited courier service to pick up specimens and deliver them back to the laboratory for testing. Please contact us for a courier service evaluation and set up.
- Our couriers will also transport supply requests, supplies and reports requested by the facility/client.
- For supply and specimen pick-up, call our dispatch office at (209) 461-5394.
Client/Facility Transporting Responsibilities
Upon calling for specimen pick-up, please provide the following information to our dispatch center.
- Indicate the Facility or Client where the specimen(s) is located.
- Indicate the area or station where the specimen(s) is located.
- Before the courier arrives to retrieve the specimen(s), all appropriate forms are to be completed by the facility/client.
- Include a copy of the patients insurance identification card for billing purposes.
- Place each specimen in it’s own HCCL specimen transport bag with it’s own completed form and insurance information tucked into the transport bag in it’s designated compartment.