Our hybrid catheterization/surgical suite combines the advantages of two worlds in one flexible space:
- The high-definition imaging capabilities of a catheterization lab
- The advanced surgical equipment of a full cardiac operating room
Hybrid catheterization/surgical suites: advanced cardiac technology
Hybrid cardiac catheterization/surgical suites offer the capability to do diagnostic and surgical intervention in one space. This provides a higher level of efficiency and safety for certain high-risk procedures. Our specialized suites provide an environment for optimal patient outcomes by fostering collaborative treatment planning and options.
Procedures we perform in these suites include:
- Advanced aortic aneurysm repairs
- Peripheral vascular procedures
- Pacemaker and defibrillator lead extractions
- Certain types of cardiac surgery
- Transcatheter Valve Therapy
Benefits of hybrid catheterization/surgical suites
Hybrid catheterization/surgical suites can provide unique and innovative benefits to physicians and patients:
- Rapid response. We can diagnose you and then offer immediate surgical treatment, without delay or moving to a different room or area of the hospital.
- Proximity. A hybrid cath lab has all the equipment for both catheterization and surgical procedures in one suite, so physicians can act quickly and improve patient outcomes.
- Accuracy. Surgeons have the ability to view their work immediately following surgery by performing an angiogram, which allows them to make sure grafts are in place and blood is flowing properly.