Ready to Care For You
Our radiology staff is ready to care for all of your imaging needs.
Interventional radiology (IR) is a sub-specialty of radiology where minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are completed using image guidance, such as X-ray, CT scan, ultrasound, and other technologies. Interventional radiology procedures offer very targeted, comfortable, safe and effective alternatives to surgery, and can generally be performed through either a needle or a small catheter instead of an incision. Some interventional radiology procedures include:
Excellence In Minimally Invasive Care
- First and only hospital in the Central Valley to create a pulmonary embolism response team.
- Performs more minimally invasive treatments for pulmonary embolism and DVT than any other hospital in the Central Valley.
- First to offer Y90 radioembolization for liver cancer in the Central Valley. Currently, 2nd highest volume treatment center on the entire West Coast.
- Performs more kidney cancer treatments with cryoablation than any other community center in Northern California.
- Performs more balloon kyphoplasty treatments for vertebral compression fractures than any other hospital in the Central Valley, and 3rd highest volume in Northern California.
- Participated in more nationwide clinical trials and registries than any other hospital in the Central Valley.
Today, with minimally invasive techniques, Interventional Radiologists can treat many conditions that once required surgery. Interventional Radiology treatments offer less risk, less pain, and less recovery time compared to open surgery.
- Balloon kyphoplasty, a minimally invasive outpatient treatment for compression fractures due to osteoporosis, cancer, or trauma
- Epidural steroid injections
- Pain injections in the joints and back
- Biliary tract obstruction/cancer management
- Port placement
- Radioembolization, the injection of radioactive microspheres directly to the artery supplying a tumor in both primary and metastatic liver cancer
- Tumor ablation therapies including radiofrequency ablation, microwave ablation, and cryoablation to treat cancer in the liver, kidney, bone, and lung
Chronic Kidney Disease
- Renal failure
- Dialysis access and maintenance of AVF and AV grafts
- Minimally invasive endovascular AVF creation
- Prostate artery embolization to treat symptomatic BPH, cancer, and hematuria
- Varicocele treatment
Information on Urology
- Injection of hydrogel between prostate and rectum in prostate cancer patients to enable cutting edge high dose radiation treatments
- Urinary tract obstruction/kidney stone management
- Placement of tubes into the kidney and bladder to aid in removal or treatment of kidney stones
- Balloon occluded/coil assisted retrograde transvenous obliteration of varices for variceal bleeding
- DVT and PE treatments
- Embolizations for gastrointestinal or cancer related bleeding
- IVC filter placement and removal
- May-Thurner - venous compression syndrome
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Treatment of aneurysms and pseudoaneurysms
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) for variceal bleeding and recurrent ascites
- Varicose veins/venous insufficiency
- Chronic pelvic pain/pelvic congestion syndrome
- Treatment of abnormal dilated veins in the pelvis
- Treatment of blocked fallopian tubes which can be a cause of infertility
- Symptomatic uterine fibroids and adenomyosis
- Uterine artery embolization to cut off blood supply without surgery