Arroyo Grande Community Hospital and French Hospital Medical Center Relax Visitation Policies
CENTRAL COAST, CA – June 8, 2020 – Arroyo Grande Community Hospital (AGCH), and French Hospital Medical Center (FHMC), after receiving updated information and guidelines from the San Luis Obispo County Health Department, are modifying their visitor policies. The hospitals will continue to take the necessary precautions in compliance with federal, state, and local guidance, as the safety, health care, and well-being of our patients and community remain our first priority. The new policies will be effective immediately.
The new policy guidelines are as follows:
- All visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- One visitor per patient is allowed in the hospital, with exceptions for individual situations requiring special consideration.
- Visiting hours are from 10a.m. to 8p.m. with exceptions for individual situations requiring special consideration.
- Patients and visitors may enter through the Emergency Department entrance.
- All community workshops and classes, bariatric seminars and support groups, prenatal classes, birthing tours and classes will be offered electronically until further notice.
- Only one labor and delivery care partner is permitted at FHMC.
- We are offering patients the convenience of electronic communication options, including video availability, as an alternative to hospital visitation.
Everyone that enters the hospital will be screened using the standards established by the San Luis Obispo County Health Department. Additionally, masks are required at all times.
By continuing to limit the number of people in the hospital setting, we are following the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines for reducing the spread of flu-like illnesses. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Older individuals with severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. In addition, remember to wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your face.
If you would like to visit someone in the hospital but you are experiencing fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, and/or nasal congestion, please visit on another day when you have been symptom free for at least 48 hours. For additional questions, you may call the hospital COVID-19 information number at (805) 332-8276.
For the latest hospital specific updates and information, please visit: https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-coast/coronavirus. For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the San Luis Obispo County Health Department.
About Dignity Health Central Coast
Dignity Health Central Coast is comprised of five award-winning hospitals, all recognized for their quality of care, safety and service, primary care offices, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services, and comprehensive home health services. Hospitals in the Dignity Health Central Coast region include Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, Marian Regional Medical Center in Santa Maria, St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital in Camarillo, and St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Oxnard. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community’s access to health care. For more information, visit dignityhealth.org/centralcoast.
Publish date:Monday, June 08, 2020