We are pleased to share we have moved into the final phase of the Emergency Department (ED) expansion project.
In August 2020, we opened the doors to the 6,500-sq.-ft. ED expansion. Upon moving into the new ED, renovation work began in the original ED.
While SJRMC has always provided the community with board certified Emergency Physicians, skilled nurses and an exceptional team, the staff and patients now benefit from the following amenities in the new ED:
- An improved patient and ambulance entrance
- A new and sizeable waiting area
- Three essential and private triage rooms
- Centralized nurse's station with sophisticated monitoring capabilities
- Sizeable private treatment rooms that have been configured to accommodate various medical emergencies
Upon completion of the ED expansion and modernization project, the ED will be double its current size and will also boast:
- A total of four negative pressure isolation rooms
- A total of 31 exam rooms (including one bariatric room and two psychiatric safe rooms)
- An in-department x-ray suite
- Three refreshed resuscitation bays