Even before a pregnancy test confirms that you are expecting a baby, your body has unique ways of telling you the big news. Signs and symptoms of pregnancy range from nausea and feeling tired to tender breasts and frequent urination.
At Dignity Health Central Coast, our caring doctors offer a range of services for women’s health. From pregnancy to menopause, we are with you every step of your life journey.
If you are experiencing pregnancy symptoms on the Central Coast, Find a Doctor today who offers care, dignity, and respect throughout your pregnancy.
Identifying Signs of Pregnancy at Dignity Health Central Coast
You may consider a missed menstrual period as the most obvious pregnancy sign. However, it may not always mean you are going to have a baby. Our women’s care team will carefully review your symptoms.
Pregnancy symptoms include:
- Mood swings due to changing hormones during early pregnancy
- Headaches from increasing hormones early in pregnancy
- Food cravings or avoiding your favorite dishes and craving others
- Fatigue from an increase in the hormone progesterone, which will cause to feel sleepy or make it difficult to wake up
- Tender, swollen nipples that are very sensitive in early pregnancy
- Nausea, with or without vomiting, traditionally known as morning sickness
- Frequent urination from increasing hormone levels
- Missed period
Your doctor will discuss your symptoms with you to determine their cause. A urine or blood pregnancy test often is recommended to rule out or confirm pregnancy. While home pregnancy tests may show a positive result even before you experience symptoms, it is always best to confirm with your doctor so that prenatal care can begin immediately.
If you believe you have positive pregnancy signs and symptoms, schedule an appointment with a trusted Dignity Health Central Coast doctor who will be with you every step of your pregnancy week by week. Dignity Health caring birthing centers help identify early signs of pregnancy on the Central Coast of California.