If you live with dystonia, you may have eyelid twitching, hand tremors, and pain. The neurological condition causes involuntary muscle spasms. Dystonia treatment provided by Dignity Health Central Coast can relieve these symptoms and help improve your quality of life.
Our team of neurologists and additional specialists provide personalized dystonia treatment on the Central Coast of California to ease your dystonia symptoms. Find a Doctor today and improve your well-being with dystonia treatment that is right for you.
Personalized Dystonia Treatment at Dignity Health Central Coast
Your doctor will consider the part of your body affected and create a personalized dystonia treatment plan that fits your needs.
Neurologists at Dignity Health Central Coast provide these dystonia treatments:
- Medications taken by mouth are used to slow down chemicals in your brain to reduce spasms and relieve pain.
- Botulinum toxin is medication injected into the muscles that are experiencing spasms, such as a twitching eyelid, to temporarily prevent contractions.
- Nerve surgery is for severe cases that involve uncontrolled twisting or jerking motions and involves cutting the nerve that is causing your condition.
- Deep brain stimulation is used when medication does not relieve your symptoms. The surgeon places a device into your brain to disrupt excessive nerve signaling.
- Supportive services, include physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy can help with coordination and vocalization.
Your doctor will work closely with you to select the most effective treatment that will address your physical, mental, and spiritual needs. We’ll explain all your options, as well as the risks and benefits, to help you make the right decision.
Contact Dignity Health Central Coast to talk to a neurologist who adheres to a philosophy of care, dignity, and respect when treating movement disorders like dystonia.
At Dignity Health, our neurological care experts partner with you for effective dystonia treatments throughout the Central Coast.