Start Healing with Pelvic Pain Surgery on the Central Coast
Being a woman comes with many wonderful things in life. Unfortunately, it also sometimes comes with pain from a gynecologic condition. One in seven women will experience pelvic pain during her lifetime.
The good news is that caring doctors at Dignity Health Central Coast offer quality pelvic pain surgery to relieve your discomfort, so you can can get back to your life with less discomfort. We understand uterus pain causes and provide care with dignity and respect.
Find a Doctor to see if pelvic pain surgery on the Central Coast of California is right for you.
Diagnosing Uterine Pain Causes at Dignity Health Central Coast
A number of conditions can lead to lower abdominal pain in women. Your doctor will carefully review your medical history and discuss treatment options for relieving uterus pain.
If you have any of these conditions, surgery may help:
- Uterine fibroids, or non-cancerous growths on your uterus
- Endometriosis, which happens when the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus develops outside of your uterus
- Pelvic adhesions, which involves scar tissue inside your body caused by a previous surgery or inflammation
When other treatments or surgery have not provided relief, your doctor may suggest surgery to disconnect the nerves in the area. This gynecologic procedure can lessen or completely eliminate your pain.
Enjoying Life After Pelvic Pain Surgery
The type of surgery your doctor suggests will depend on your specific condition, as well as your overall health, age, and reproductive goals. Dignity Health Central Coast OB/GYNs perform a variety of gynecologic procedures with humankindness, including:
- Hyperscopic surgery involves surgery through your vagina or cervix.
- Presacral neurectomy disconnect pelvic nerves to relieve pain.
- Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a tiny light and camera to see inside your body and remove the cause of your pain.
- Open abdominal surgery is through an incision in your abdomen.
You may spend a night or two in one of our hospitals. Your doctor may order medications to relieve any pain. Some vaginal bleeding or spotting is normal after any pelvic pain surgery.
You can look forward to a better quality of life after pelvic pain surgery on the Central Coast. For more information about this procedure, visit Dignity Health Central Coast.Dignity Health women’s care provides healing and compassion with pelvic pain surgery on the Central Coast of California.