The musculoskeletal system gives the body support, form, and movement, and includes the muscles, tendons, joints, ligaments, bones, and nerves. Orthopedic conditions can affect any part of the musculoskeletal system.
At Dignity Health North State, our orthopedic team treats a range of conditions, including:
- Back pain from back injuries, such as herniated intervertebral disc and ligament and muscle strains
- Elbow pain from elbow conditions and injuries, such as golfer’s elbow, bursitis, fractures, and arthritis
- Wrist pain from wrist conditions and injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain from neck conditions and injuries, such as neck sprain, pinched nerve, and whiplash
- Knee pain from knee injuries, such as injured or torn tendons, ligaments, and menisci
- Hip pain from hip conditions and injuries, such as fractures and bursitis
- Spine conditions and injuries, including lumbar spinal stenosis, scoliosis, spinal deformity, and spinal fractures
- Joint pain from joint conditions and injuries, such as arthritis
- Shoulder pain from shoulder conditions and injuries, including dislocations, rotator cuff tear, impingement syndrome, and labral tears
- Arm conditions and injuries, such as dislocation, bicep tendon tear, and fracture
- Hand pain from hand conditions and injuries, such as a broken finger
- Foot and ankle conditions and injuries, such as sprains and bunions
To learn more about our personal care for orthopedic conditions in Northern California, Find a Doctor online.
Causes of Orthopedic Conditions
Causes of orthopedic conditions depend on the specific problem. Many conditions come from wear and tear due to age, especially for problems involving the spine and joints. Overuse, repetitive motions, and trauma are also common causes of orthopedic conditions.
Symptoms of Orthopedic Conditions
Signs and symptoms of orthopedic conditions vary and can include:
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Restricted range of motion
- Bone pain
- Deformity of the affected area
Treating Orthopedic Conditions at Dignity Health North State
Your treatment plan will depend on your orthopedic condition, medical history, and risk factors. Minor problems respond well to anti-inflammatory medicines, rest, and ice. More severe conditions may require prescription medications, corticosteroid shots, physical therapy, and surgery.
When you come to Dignity Health North State, you can trust our expert doctors and staff to provide a personalized and effective treatment plan for your orthopedic condition.
Dignity Health North State offers compassionate care for orthopedic conditions in Mt. Shasta, Red Bluff, and Redding, CA.