Know Your Options for Breast Health in Northern California
Every year in the US, around 230,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer. Breast health services offer diagnostic screening for breast cancer and other breast-related diseases and disorders. Nurses, radiology technologists, and radiologists are the main providers of breast health services.
At Dignity Health North State, we offer leading-edge breast imaging, including breast MRI, breast ultrasound, and mammography. Our doctors have access to sophisticated diagnostic tools to get you results as quickly as possible. Find a Doctor who will help you prioritize your breast health in Northern California.
Reasons for Diagnostic Breast Exams & Breast Health Screenings
Doctors recommend breast health services for:
- Breast cancer screening before symptoms appear
- Watching the progress of irregularities or lumps
- Diagnosing breast irregularities found during a breast exam
- Follow-up of a previous abnormal breast screening exam
Breast Health Services at Dignity Health North State
Breast health services include diagnostic exams, screening, and, occasionally, treatment. At Dignity Health North State, our services include:
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- Mammography, digital mammography, and 3-D mammography
- Breast cancer prevention, including genetic testing and risk assessment
- Breast self examination instruction
- Breast biopsy
- Radiation and medical breast cancer services
- Surgical consultation
In addition, St. Elizabeth Community Hospital offers our Breast Assured seminar to educate women on breast cancer prevention.
Your doctor will tailor our Dignity Health breast health services to meet your personal needs. Your risk for breast cancer and other breast disorders will determine how often you will need screening.
Talk to your Dignity Health North State breast health provider about any questions you have about screening or any other topic. Our goal is to keep your breasts — and you — as healthy as possible.
Dignity Health North State offers comprehensive breast health services in Mt. Shasta, Red Bluff, and Redding, CA.