Gynecology is a branch of health care that focuses on the health needs of adolescent and adult women. Gynecologists are doctors who have advanced training in the medical and surgical care of the female reproductive system. While gynecologists are specialists in this field, family doctors, primary care doctors, and internists may all offer gynecologic care.
Many gynecologists also provide care for pregnant women and their unborn children, or obstetrics. These doctors often go by the name obstetrician/gynecologist, or OB/GYN.
Dignity Health North State offers trusted gynecology services in Northern California at our conveniently located hospitals and medical centers. Find a Doctor at a location near you.
At Dignity Health North State, we also offer gynecology services in the following subspecialties:
- Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (also known as urogynecology) is centered on care for pelvic disorders, such as bladder issues, chronic pain, and painful bladder syndrome.
- Gynecologic oncology focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of women with gynecologic cancer, including ovarian, cervical, and uterine cancer.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility specializes in reproductive hormones and their effect on fertility. However, these doctors also treat women with hormone disorders unrelated to fertility.
Trusted Gynecological Services at Dignity Health North State
Dignity Health North State offers the following services:
- General health procedures, including physical examination, immunization, infection treatment, and nutrition and weight counseling
- Cancer screening, including mammogram, Pap smear, and biopsy of the breast, cervix, and other reproductive organs
- Breast procedures, including breast exams and breast cyst aspiration
- Uterine procedures, including hysterectomy, fibroid embolization, and endometrial ablation
- Chronic disease management, including depression, diabetes, and thyroid disease
- Family planning, including IUDs (intrauterine devices), hormone patches and shots, oral contraceptives, and cervical caps
- Pelvic procedures, including pelvic exams, cervical exam, ovary removal, and pelvic organ suspension
- Hormone treatments, including hormone replacement therapy after a hysterectomy or for menopause symptoms
You can trust Dignity Health North State to make your health a priority, with a focus on respect and humankindness, through our gynecology services.
Dignity Health North State offers complete women’s services, including gynecology, in Mt. Shasta, Red Bluff, and Redding, CA.