The theme for Dignity Health’s 2023 Community Health Improvement Grants program focuses on collaboration with an emphasis on responding to significant health needs identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment. The goal of the program is to develop strategic partnerships between community-based organizations that link services directly to one or more Dignity Health hospitals in Sacramento County, leveraging resources that address priority health issues and utilizing creative strategies that have a direct, positive and lasting impact on the health of disadvantaged individuals and families.
Sacramento County Priorities
Listed below are the top 5 ranked significant health needs in order of priority for Nevada County. The remaining priority needs can be located in the most current Community Health Needs Assessments.
- Access to Mental/Behavioral Health and Substance-Use Services
- Access to Basic Needs Such as Housing, Jobs, and Food
- Access to Quality Primary Care Health Services
- System Navigation: System navigation refers to an individual’s ability to traverse fragmented social services and healthcare systems.
- Injury and Disease Prevention and Management
- Be a 501(c)3 organization (e.g., community health centers, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), non-government run FQHC look-a-likes, faith-based centers, family resource centers, community-based organizations and faith-based organizations).
- Work in collaboration with a minimum of 3 organizations.
- Program/Project responds to two or more of the stated priority health needs.
To apply for the 2023 Community Health Improvement Grants program in Sacramento County, please click below to download the proposal instructions and application:
2023 Community Health Improvement Grant Sacramento County Proposal Instructions
2023 Community Health Improvement Grant Sacramento County Proposal Application
Proposals are due by Friday, August 12, 2022 at 5:00 PM.
No LATE application submissions will be accepted.
Please submit your completed proposal to
We sincerely appreciate all the hard work you do that has a tremendous impact on our community.