The theme for Dignity Health’s 2022 Community Grants program focuses on collaboration with an emphasis on responding to significant health needs identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment. The goal of the program is to develop strategic partnerships between community-based organizations that link services directly to one or more Dignity Health hospitals in Sacramento County, leveraging resources that address priority health issues and utilizing creative strategies that have a direct, positive and lasting impact on the health of disadvantaged individuals and families.
Sacramento County Priorities
- Access to Behavioral Health Services: Includes access to mental health and substance abuse prevention and treatment services.
- Active Living and Healthy Eating: Affects health behaviors (e.g., fruit and vegetable consumption), associated health outcomes (e.g., diabetes) and aspects of the physical environment/living conditions (e.g., food deserts).
- Access to High Quality Health Care Services: Includes access to primary and specialty care, dental care and maternal and infant care. Additionally, this category includes health education and literacy, continuity of care, care coordination and patient navigation including linguistically and culturally competent services.
- Disease Prevention, Management and Treatment: Includes disease prevention and/or management programs that improve health status.
- Safe, Crime and Violence Free Communities: This encompasses programs that improve safety from violence and crime, including violent crime, property crimes, domestic violence and human trafficking.
- Basic Needs: Includes food security, affordable housing, economic security (e.g., employment, benefits) and education (e.g., reading proficiency and graduation rates).
- Be a 501(c)3 organization (e.g., community health centers, Federall Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), non-government run FQHC look-a-likes, faith-based centers, family resource centers, community-based organizations and faith-based organizations).
- Work in collaboration with a minimum of 3 organizations.
- Program/Project responds to two or more of the stated priority health needs.
Thank you for your interest in the Community Grants Program. The 2022 Community Grants application period is closed.
Please direct all questions to [email protected]
We sincerely appreciate all the hard work you do that has a tremendous impact on our community.