The experienced diagnostic radiologists at Dignity Health perform and interpret imaging tests, such as ultrasounds, X-rays, CT scans (computed tomography), and MRIs (magnetic resonance imaging). They help diagnose and treat many conditions, from broken bones to cancer. You’ll find these providers ours hospitals and freestanding radiology clinics, as well as in our emergency departments.
Our trusted teams of emergency doctors and staff are prepared to quickly diagnose your condition and provide quality treatment. In an emergency, call 911 or visit one of our advanced emergency rooms. We offer advanced diagnostic imaging in Sacramento, CA and surrounding areas. Diagnostic imaging is given as an emergency service only at the clinical team’s request.
Do I Need Diagnostic Imaging?
One of our diagnostic radiologists may help with your care in the following situations:
- You need a diagnostic imaging test for a new symptom or condition, including emergencies.
- You need an image-guided procedure or treatment.
- You need an imaging test to monitor a previously identified condition.
The radiologist will quickly send your test or treatment results to your emergency care team. In some cases, you may get the results directly from the radiologist.
Diagnostic Imaging Services in the Sacramento Region
Common diagnostic radiology services we provide include:
- Ultrasound, including abdominal ultrasound and carotid artery ultrasound, to see internal structures using technology based on sound waves
- X-rays to make images of many different areas of the body including bones, joints, chest, abdomen, and pelvis, using radiation
- CT scans (like a chest or pelvic CT), to create highly detailed images of inside the body, which is extremely useful in evaluating many diseases and identifying internal injuries related to trauma
- Angiogram to see how blood flows in blood vessels such as the brain (cerebral angiography) and heart (coronary CT)
- Barium enema to see inside the large intestine and check for polyps and cancer
- Discogram to evaluate back pain
- Fluoroscopy, a special type of X-ray imaging technique to guide diagnostic and interventional treatments such as angioplasty
- Mammogram to detect breast cancer
- MRI to produce highly detailed images of inside the body without using X-rays; Examples include a head MRI to diagnose a stroke or aneurysm and chest MRI to evaluate heart or lung damage or look for lung cancer
- Nuclear imaging scan such as PET (positron emission tomography) and SPECT (single-photon emission computed tomography), which use radioactive substances to see how an organ is functioning and to diagnose disease
Look to the emergency services at Dignity Health for nationally recognized, around-the-clock care, using the latest technologies for diagnostic imaging for quality, personalized diagnosis and treatment.
Dignity Health offers diagnostic imaging in Northern California to our emergency care patients.