At Dignity Health, our reliable emergency services care for people with serious and life-threatening illnesses and injuries. Highly trained emergency doctors, nurses, and staff rapidly diagnose and treat sudden illnesses, pain, mental health conditions, injuries, and complications of chronic diseases.
Our emergency care teams provide 24/7 emergency care in Sacramento, CA and surrounding areas at all six of our hospitals. If you need rapid medical care, call 911 or come to your nearest emergency room. For non-life- or limb-threatening conditions, you can use our online waiting service, InQuicker™, to select an estimated arrival time at one of our advanced emergency rooms.
Do I Need Emergency Medicine?
Look to the trusted emergency services at Dignity Health for any of the following:
- Trauma and injuries, including major cuts, multiple trauma, burns, eye injuries, spinal cord injury, smoke inhalation, shock, and head injury
- Neurological conditions, including stroke, TIA (transient ischemic attack), and headaches, such as migraines
- Bone, joint, and muscle problems, including sprains, fractures, joint dislocations, strains, serious bruises, and knee and back pain
- Actual or suspected poisoning
- Allergies, including exposure to poison ivy, seasonal allergies, and anaphylaxis, a life-threatening allergic reaction
- Genitourinary and reproductive conditions, including kidney stones, bladder infections, vaginitis, miscarriage, testicular torsion, pelvic inflammatory disease, and sexually transmitted diseases
- Endocrine diseases, including diabetes and adrenal crisis
- Mental health conditions, including psychosis, bipolar disorder, drug overdose, depression, anxiety, and threats or attempts at suicide
- Heart and lung problems, including cardiac arrest, chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms, heart attack, asthma, heart failure, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), pulmonary embolism, and pulmonary edema
- Fever and infections, including pneumonia, strep throat, meningitis, sepsis, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) infection, pinkeye, mononucleosis, upper respiratory infection (including the flu), and gastroenteritis (stomach flu)
- Possible child abuse and sexual assault, including evaluation, initial treatment, evidence collection, and notification of appropriate agencies
If you or someone you are with has an emergency, call 911 for the most rapid emergency care and transportation to the hospital.
Emergency Services We Offer at Dignity Health
Our state-of-the-art, nationally recognized emergency services include:
The Dignity Health emergency department in the Greater Sacramento area provides personal care at a location near you.
- Fracture, sprain, and strain treatments, including realigning broken bones, splinting, and casting
- Airway stabilization, including intubation and mechanical ventilation for breathing
- Heart treatments, including pacemaker implant and defibrillation
- Trauma treatment, including thoracotomy to treat chest trauma, chest tube insertion to treat collapsed lung, and spinal immobilization to stabilize possible spinal fractures
- Laceration and wound repair, including staples and stitches (suturing)
- IV (intravenous) fluids and treatments, including pain medications, blood transfusions, corticosteroids, oxygen, tetanus shots, antibiotics, breathing treatments, and medications for heart attack.