At Woodland Memorial Hospital's Birthing Center, we offer lactation services and breastfeeding support services for during your hospital stay and beyond. As a Baby Friendly Hospital we encourage every mother to breastfeed.
Personalized Breastfeeding Support
Our team of certified lactation consultants provides new moms and babies much-needed breastfeeding support services seven days a week-but our commitment doesn't end there. After you are discharged to the comforts of your home, our consultants are available to assist you should difficulties arise.
When To Seek Breastfeeding Support Services:
- Any questions or concerns about breastfeeding
- For treatment of sore nipples or breasts
- Concern about your baby's output (urine and stools)
- Ineffective positioning, latch-on and engorgement
- If your baby is not feeding 8 to 12 times in 24 hours
- If your baby is sleeping on the breast, not sucking well, and seems hungry each time you take him/her off
To schedule an appointment with lactation services, please call (530) 668-2600.
Breastfeeding Support Groups
Dignity Health’s Greater Sacramento Hospitals are pleased to offer a weekly support group for new breastfeeding/chestfeeding families via Zoom. Our group is facilitated by an IBCLC (International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant).
Our support group is open to all, and may be right for you if you:
- Need answers to breastfeeding questions
- Want to meet other new parents
- Are pregnant and interested in breastfeeding/chestfeeding
- Have milk supply concerns
- Are breastfeeding and returning to work/school
- Want to learn more about pumping and storage
Join us for support and information.
Thursday mornings, 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.*
For more information or to get the Zoom link to join, please email:
Dignity Health Women’s Services: [email protected].
* This group does not meet on holidays.