At Woodland Memorial Hospital's Birthing Center, we offer lactation services and breastfeeding support services for during your hospital stay and beyond. As a Baby Friendly Hospital we encourage every mother to breastfeed.
Personalized Breastfeeding Support
Our team of certified lactation consultants provides new moms and babies much-needed breastfeeding support services seven days a week-but our commitment doesn't end there. After you are discharged to the comforts of your home, our consultants are available to assist you should difficulties arise.
When To Seek Breastfeeding Support Services:
- Any questions or concerns about breastfeeding
- For treatment of sore nipples or breasts
- Concern about your baby's output (urine and stools)
- Ineffective positioning, latch-on and engorgement
- If your baby is not feeding 8 to 12 times in 24 hours
- If your baby is sleeping on the breast, not sucking well, and seems hungry each time you take him/her off
To schedule an appointment with lactation services, please call (530) 668-2600.
Breastfeeding Support Group
Breastfeeding is a learning process for both you and your baby, it takes time and patience. In addition to lactation services appointments, our lactation consultants and staff facilitate a free weekly postpartum support group where new mothers meet to ask questions and share the challenges and joys of bringing baby home.
424 1st Street
Woodland, CA 95695
For breastfeeding or support group information, call (530) 669-5420.