Applications to the St Mary Internal Medicine Residency Program (Long Beach, CA) for a first-year position (internship) will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
The deadline for applications is December 15, 2020.
We accept applications for the following programs:
- Categorical Internal Medicine Residency: 1025140CO
- Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency: 1025140PO
- Preliminary Internal Medicine Residency: 1025140MO
How do I apply?
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All positions for first-year residents are offered through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- Two letters of recommendation required: a clinical LOR from an internal medicine faculty member and a DOM Summary Letter of Evaluation (“Chair’s Letter”). One optional LOR is encouraged from a clinical faculty or research mentor.
- USMLE Transcripts (sent directly from NBME to ERAS)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certificate
If you are a graduate of a foreign medical school interested in applying to this program you must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and eligibility requirement. Write to: ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, U.S.A., or visit http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html.
Helpful applicant information
AAMC – Association of American Medical Colleges
ERAS – Electronic Residency Application Service
FREIDA– Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA)
NRMP– National Resident Matching Program
ECFMG – Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate
St Mary Internal Medicine Residency Interview Structure
The First-Year Resident Selection Committee will invite a limited number of applicants to arrange for an interview and to see the facilities at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. The selection of interns is based upon the following criteria:
- 2020/2021 Interview Season will be virtual and take place between December 2, 2020 to February 12, 2021
- Interviews will be scheduled and held via Thalimus
- Meet and Greet (Optional): Wednesdays from 3 – 4 p.m. Opportunity to socialize with and ask questions from current residents.
- Interview Day: Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, 1:30 to 4 p.m.
||30 minute Powerpoint Presentation
||1 or 2, 1:1 Interviews, 30 minutes each
|Group Q & A Session
For More Information
For more information on the St. Mary residency program, please call (562) 491-9350 or email Kel Miller, Manager of Academic Affairs ([email protected])