Children and teens with serious illnesses and injuries require specialized medical care in the emergency room (ER). At Dignity Health Southern California, our emergency medicine doctors are specially trained to care for our youngest patients in the ER.
When your baby, young child, or teen requires emergency medical care, use our InQuicker tool to select an estimated arrival time at an urgent care location or ER at our convenient locations in Long Beach, Northridge, Downtown LA, Glendale, and in Inland Empire cities San Bernardino, Fontana, and Highland:
Always call 911 if you require immediate medical care.
Conditions We Treat at Dignity Health Southern California
Sometimes, it is difficult to know when you need pediatric emergency care. Emergency conditions we treat at Dignity Health Southern California include:
Pediatric Emergency Room Services
Our highly skilled ER doctors and nurses at Dignity Health Southern California use specially designed medical equipment, procedures, and techniques to care for your children. We also have the training and expertise necessary to communicate effectively with children who cannot express themselves.
Our pediatric emergency medicine team offers:
- Airway stabilization with specially sized equipment for children
- Bone and soft tissue injury repair, such as splinting
- Crisis intervention and mental health evaluations, treatment, and referrals
- Emergency radiology
- Medication administration using techniques for children of all ages
- Surgical treatment for injuries, broken bones, and serious conditions
- Treatment for chest trauma, collapsed lung, spinal immobilization, and other traumatic injuries
- Wound care
Your child’s well-being is our priority. Rely on us to provide personal care, whether or not it’s an emergency situation.
Dignity Health Southern California pediatric emergency rooms are uniquely equipped to provide expert care for your babies, young children, and teens.