Obstetrics and gynecology specialists treat problems of the female reproductive tract. Treatment can decrease pain, improve function, and find and treat disease.
Dignity Health Southern California is committed to keeping women well. We are leading the way in all aspects of women’s health. Our experienced doctors perform the latest gynecologic procedures in Southern California. Find a Doctor online and learn more about a location near you:
Why We Perform Gynecologic Procedures
Our doctors, nurses, specialists, and surgeons work together as a dedicated health care team to treat conditions unique to women, including:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Ovarian cysts
- Prolapsed uterus
- Cervical dysplasia
- Genital warts
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine polyps
- Infections, including yeast infections and STDs
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
- Hormone disorders
- Bladder problems, including urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Pelvic floor tension myalgia
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Toxic shock syndrome
- Ovarian tumors
- Varicose veins
Gynecology Procedures at Dignity Health Southern California
Careful diagnosis and planning are essential to the success of gynecologic procedures and treatments. Your doctor will assess your symptoms and discuss your treatment options with you. You should feel comfortable asking questions and expressing any concerns.
Common gynecologic procedures are:
- Endometrial biopsy to help diagnose infections, abnormal bleeding, uterine polyps, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and endometrial cancer.
- Endometrial ablation to treat abnormally heavy menstrual periods.
- Resection of extensive endometriosis, a surgery to remove patches on endometrial tissue from inside the pelvis and abdomen.
- Fibroid removal, surgical removal of uterine fibroids.
- LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) to treat cervical dysplasia.
- Cryotherapy to treat cervical dysplasia.
- Pelvic pain surgery.
- Removal of adhesions (scar tissue), a surgical procedure to relieve pain and improve fertility.
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, performed on the female reproductive tract through a few small incisions in the abdomen, or through the vagina and cervix.
- Pudendal nerve decompression to treat severe pelvic pain that has not responded to other treatments.
- Bladder training for urinary incontinence.
- Hysteroscopy to diagnose and treat problems of the uterus.
- Hysterectomy, surgical removal of the uterus.
- Removal of ovaries (oophorectomy), a surgery to treat ovarian cancer or other problems with the ovaries. Oophorectomy can also decrease the risk of ovarian and breast cancer in women who are at high risk due to inherited genetic mutations.
- Tubal ligation, or permanent female sterilization.
- Intraoperative breast radiotherapy, the application of radiation directly to the site of cancer within the breast during surgery.
Dignity Health doctors perform innovative gynecologic procedures in Southern California.