Dignity Health Neurological Institute of Northern California is proud to be the region’s leader in neurovascular care, treating the highest volume of neurovascular patients in the area. Our renowned team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurointerventional radiologists and neurocritical care specialists.
Dignity Health Neurological Institute delivers recognized experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating even the most complex conditions affecting the brain and spine. By participating in a variety of research trials, we are always enhancing our understanding of the brain and contributing to groundbreaking advancements in treatment.
Our patients benefit from our comprehensive, collaborative approach to care. Our team of physicians are leaders in their respective fields, working together to deliver exceptional care with a warm, personalized approach.
Choosing Dignity Health Neurological Institute of Northern California means choosing a health system with important leadership advantages.
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center is officially certified by The Joint Commission as a Comprehensive Stroke Center—the first and only hospital north of the Bay Area to achieve such recognition.
- Every one of Dignity Health's Sacramento hospitals are designated Primary Stroke Centers, recognized by The Joint Commission.
- All of Dignity Health Neurological Institute’s Primary Stroke Centers are linked together by the Dignity Health Telemedicine Network, providing seamless sharing of expertise and integrated resources.
- Our neurological trauma services are nationally accredited at Level II Trauma Center status.
- Our neurological intensive care units now offer 26 beds combined, all of which are supervised around the clock by our six board certified neurocritical care physicians. Dignity Health is also home to the region’s only fellowship-trained neurointensivists.
- The Mercy MS Center is a designated National Multiple Sclerosis Society Center, providing a highly coordinated, multi-specialty approach to the latest treatments and ongoing research and operating the region’s only MS Achievement Center, providing outpatient services to those living with MS.
- Dignity Health Neurological Institute has the only Spine Center of Excellence in Northern California certified by The Joint Commission.
Dignity Health Neurological Institute's Acute Rehabilitation program is the first program north of San Francisco to receive CARF accreditation—the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
- Dignity Health Neurological Institute is home to a Level IV Epilepsy Center, as designated by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers.
- Dignity Health Neurological Institute continues to be committed to groundbreaking research, participating in inpatient and outpatient clinical trials.
For more information about the Dignity Health Neurological Institute of Northern California, email us today.