At Dignity Health, we offer world-class cancer care through the Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Dignity Health – Cancer Center at St. Joseph's Westgate, and Chandler Regional Medical Center. Our cancer clinics offer cancer diagnosis, treatment, and support. As part of our philosophy of care, our oncology clinics are staffed with cancer specialists who provide patient-centered care from diagnosis to follow-up after treatment.
If you would like to make an appointment at a cancer clinic in Arizona, call (877) 437-6003 or Find a Doctor at Dignity Health.
Reasons for Visiting a Cancer Clinic
A cancer clinic is staffed with specialists who often have advanced training in cancer care. Patients who are treated at a cancer center benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, as well as the possibility to participate in clinical trials. Clinical trials offer options that might not be available at other hospitals.
Although cancer clinics are equipped to handle many types of cancers, there is also further specialization within the clinic itself, with specialists who tailor treatments for specific cancers such as:
What Dignity Health Arizona Cancer Centers Offer
Our cancer clinics are staffed with cancer care experts who use the latest medical treatments to deliver personalized care.
From diagnosis to treatment, Dignity Health cancer centers offer:
- Screening: Our cancer clinics offer regular screening for different types of cancers, such as breast cancer and colon cancer. People who are in higher risk groups for specific cancer may be referred to a cancer clinic for more frequent screenings.
- Diagnostic tests: If you have symptoms of cancer or a screening test suggests that you may have cancer, you will undergo diagnostic testing to confirm you have cancer and determine the type. Diagnostic tests for cancer include blood tests, imaging tests, biopsies, and, in some cases, genetic testing.
- Cancer staging: If you are diagnosed with cancer, your oncologist will need to know the stage of the cancer and if the cancer has spread to other areas. Staging helps your oncologist plan your treatment.
- Cancer treatment: Cancer treatment depends on the type and stage of cancer. Treatment may include chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, or any combination of the three. There are also newer treatments available for some cancers, called immunotherapies.
- Supportive care: Supportive care addresses physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of patients and their families. The goal is to help you live life as fully as possible as you undergo treatment. Aside from doctors and nurses, you may also work with social workers, pharmacists, and physiotherapists for supportive care.
- Integrated therapies: Dignity Health cancer centers in Arizona provide integrated therapies designed to help patients as they progress through cancer treatment. Massage therapy, acupuncture, and yoga are just some of the available therapies you’ll find at a cancer clinic.
- Education: Cancer clinics also offer information and education about certain types of cancer. This includes educating the patient about his or her specific cancer, as well as campaigns to make the community aware of screening for breast, prostate, colon, and other cancers.
- Prevention: Not all cancers can be prevented, but you can lower your risk for developing certain types, such as lung cancer. Our cancer clinics provide information on how to reduce your risks.
- Genetic counseling: Some cancers run in families. Genetic counseling can reveal if close family members of a patient with cancer are at risk of developing cancer themselves. Our cancer clinics offer genetic testing (b)lood tests and provide counselors to discuss results, answer questions, and provide guidance.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, a Dignity Health cancer clinic can help guide you through your journey. You may be assigned a patient coordinator, who will help you understand your upcoming appointments, preparation for tests or treatments, and the treatments themselves.
Dignity Health offers comprehensive oncology at our cancer clinics in Arizona, providing patients access to the latest and most advanced cancer treatments available.