Each June, SJMC GME department hosts a Research & Quality Symposium where medical students, residents and faculty can present their scholarly activity through podium and poster presentations. The symposium invitation is extended to other GME programs, all medical and nursing staff in the community, medical students, and medical school faculty. It is strongly encouraged that our residents present at some point during their residency at this symposium.
2021 Podium Presentations
- Badejoko S; Sullivan T; Goswami S: Adrenal crisis triggered by COVID-19 infection
- Badejoko S; Choudhry M; Khan A; Buhari C: COVID Heart Blues: A New Player in the Game of Cardiomyopathy?
- Huynh N; Kiefer M: QA Project Promoting Laryngeal Mask Airway Use in the Emergency Department
- Leach B; O’Connell D; Koewler R; Kozik T; Wiederhold B: Effect of Routine Beta and Calcium Channel Blockade on Time to Sepsis Recognition in the Emergency Department
- Ledesma K; Leach J; Pacitto D; Oakes J; Kozik T: COVID-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine, a review of QT prolongation and overall mortality, January - May 2020
- Lee O; Somers D; Yang Y: Clinical Findings of COVID-19 Patients: A Retrospective Series
- Mudhar O; DeMellow J; Goswami S: Incidence of Barotrauma in COVID19 Patients Requiring Mechanical Ventilation: A Retrospective Study in a Community Hospital
- Nottingham M; Kiefer M: Simulation of Rare ED Procedures May Lead To Increased Perceived Provider Comfort and Proficiency
- Pandian E; Kang J; Cockerham K: The Role of Retrobulbar Liposomal Amphotericin in Orbital Apex Syndrome in a COVID – 19 Positive Diabetic
- Patil A; Chitneni A; Dalal S; Ghorayeb J; Pham Y; Grigoropoulos G: Ketamine Infusions in CRPS: A Systematic Review
- Song C; Somers D; Abou-Dargham H: Altered Mental Status in Coccidiomycosis
- Thomas K; Amr O: Use of Bedside Echocardiogram for Early Detection of Acute Ascending Aortic Dissection
2020 Podium Presentations