We will accept applications in October 2021 via ERAS for the 2022-2023 academic year. All interviews will be via Zoom!
Should you decide to proceed and apply to our program please include the following items along with your ERAS application:
- Personal Statement
- Current CV
- Dean’s letter from US grads/ECFMG from international medical school graduates. Note that approved schools are determined by using the California Medical Board’s List of Recognized Schools.
- Medical school transcripts
- Letters of recommendation from most recent third and fourth year rotations. A minimum of three letters from each year of clinical rotations. Please include a letter of recommendation from an attending physician who has worked closely with you.
- Graduation from an approved medical school determined by using the California Medical Board’s list of recognized schools within the last two years
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcripts. Maximum one failure in either USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Level 1 or USMLE Step 2-CK/COMLEX Level 2-CE
- No failures in USMLE Step 2-CS/COMLEX Level 2-PE
- Photographs are appreciated, but not required
International Medical Graduates (IMGs): In addition to the requirements listed above, IMGs must have the following:
- ECFMG Certification: An ECFMG Certificate is required before you will be granted an interview. IMGs who have not yet graduated, must complete the application with the ECFMG. Interviews may be granted to IMGs without an ECFMG Certificate if they are currently enrolled in medical school and they meet the other application criteria. For further information please contact: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, Tel (215) 386-5900, http://www.ecfmg.org/
Factors Important in the Resident Selection Process Include:
- Graduation from an approved medical school determined by using the California Medical Board list of recognized schools within the past two years
- Academic qualifications
- Dependability, responsibility, maturity, courtesy, confidence
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor and work ethic
- US Clinical Experience
- We will not accept applications from students who have failed USMLE Step 2CS or COMPLEX Level 2PE or who have more than one failure on USMLE Step 1 or Step 2 CK; or COMPLEX Level 1 or Step 2 CE
- Applicants from the Central Valley of California will be strongly considered