If you meet the requirements below and wish to apply for a Urology Residency spot for the 2024-2025 academic year, applications are accepted through ERAS.
All interviews will be held via Zoom.
- Personal Statement
- Current CV
- Dean’s letter from US grads/ECFMG from international medical school graduates. *Note that approved schools are determined by using the California Medical Board’s List of Recognized Schools.
- Medical school transcripts
- Letters of recommendation from most recent third and fourth year rotations. A minimum of three letters from each year of clinical rotations.
- Graduation from an approved medical school determined by using the California Medical Board’s list of recognized schools within the last two years.
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcripts. No failure in either USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Level 1 or USMLE Step 2-CK/COMLEX Level 2-CE.
International Medical Graduates (IMGs): In addition to the requirements listed above, IMGs must have the following:
- ECFMG Certification: An ECFMG Certificate is required before you will be granted an interview. IMGs who have not yet graduated, must complete the application with the ECFMG. Interviews may be granted to IMGs without an ECFMG Certificate if they are currently enrolled in medical school and they meet the other application criteria. For further information please contact: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, Tel (215) 386-5900, http://www.ecfmg.org/
Factors Important in the Resident Selection Process Include:
- Graduation from an approved medical school determined by using the California Medical Board list of recognized schools within the past two years.
- Academic qualifications
- Dependability, responsibility, maturity, courtesy, confidence
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor and work ethic
- US Clinical Experience